LOW COST QUOTE

I DO NOT SELL CONTAINERS..
I WILL HELP YOU FIND ONE. I AM A CONTAINER HOME CONSULTANT.
I WILL ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS

SEND ME YOUR PLANS.

Please Leave A Comment

Let me know your interest. Leave a comment. Leave your email address. Follow the blog.

Monday, December 14, 2009



Another Container Site To Join



via The Life and Times of a "Renaissance Ronin" by renaissanceronin on



Greetings, My Minions of Metal!

Today, we are taking a break from all things Corten. Okay, maybe not ALL things, just SOME things… Why?
Well, because I'm getting email from people who are still confused about what a "Container House" really is.
People who have been following along (you both know who you are… thanks, sis!) know that a Shipping Container Home (also known as an ISBU Home) is built using Intermodal Steel Building Units.
I know, I know… Don't blame me. This time, I didn't do it! ;)
That's just a pretty ridiculous name to describe something that is basically just a Solid Steel Box.
These Containers yield hundreds of square feet, that comes pre-weatherized, pre-stressed, and pre-assembled. By themselves, they're just steel tubes. But, when you combine them like Lego's… they become more… much more.
Doesn't look much like a container anymore, does it? Hmmm?
That's right… I-S-B-U.
This is NOT a container home, even if you take the tires off. So, stop asking. While it's Ronin's idea of just about the coolest RV trailer known to man, it's not even close to being a "container house."
But… Ronin craves one… my preciousssssss.Give you any ideas? Hmmm?
NOT a Container House. "Betcha By Golly Wowwwie!" Don't care! I want one!
Container House. Kinda boring, but it's a Container Home, none the less.
Container. By the looks of it, a 20 footer. It'd make a good workshop, or a backyard office, eh?
Here's the deal;
Container houses can look like "anything."

Container Homes can look all "Mad Max Industrial."

This little gem was built by those guys at Runkle Engineering. Call it what you want. I call it "COOL."

Container Homes can look all "Golf Course Chic."

Container Homes might even look like they aren't even there.

Note: An ISBU used in this manner would require  HEAVY REINFORCEMENT.
You'd be surprised at the ability of a container to blend into it's surroundings, if you just put your mind to it.
But here's the coolest part about re purposing shipping containers for your housing project.

They'll save you m-o-n-e-y.

Container homes cost 30-45% less to build than standard stick homes.  (Don't fall for that "Concept Container Home" Hype on HGTV! They don't HAVE to cost $400+ a square foot.) Container homes can be built for less than $100 a square foot, by anyone determined to build their own home, and shed at least 125 pounds of weight… like their mortgage banker.
Hey, I built a "Container Home" and I lost 255 pounds! My Mother-In-Law moved out, and refused to come back!! Talk about win-win! ;)


No comments: