LOW COST QUOTE

I DO NOT SELL CONTAINERS..
I WILL HELP YOU FIND ONE. I AM A CONTAINER HOME CONSULTANT.
I WILL ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS

SEND ME YOUR PLANS.

Please Leave A Comment

Let me know your interest. Leave a comment. Leave your email address. Follow the blog.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

MEKA Unveils Modular Container Houses


MEKA Unveils Modular Container Houses

THOR1120-meka-house
Toronto-based housing company MEKA -- that is, modular, environmental, kinetic, assembly -- made national headlines with the launch of small container homes this week.  Seeking the ultimate trifecta of style, sustainability, and affordability, this start-up aims to produce "the most luxurious living spaces with a clean modern sensibility, at super affordable prices."
For that, New York Magazine, The Wall Street Journal, The Architect's Newspaper, and others took notice.  There's a 320 square-foot, $39,000 model open in West Village right now, which we'll mention as soon as we get photos.
ALP320 - pricing from $39,000
ALP320-modern-modular-container-house

VOR640 - pricing from $64,000
VOR640-modern-modular-container-house

THOR1120 - pricing from $112,000
THOR1120-modern-modular-container-house

HELA1280 - pricing from $128,000
HELA1280-modern-modular-container-house
[+] More info on container-based MEKA Modular Luxury Housing.

 Credits: MEKA.


I recieved a comment from someone saying they were ModularHomes.cc saying the following: I don't think your should be supporting these, the company behind them made be Canadian but the houses themselves are made in China.
That not in anyway green and the US has sent enough of its jobs offshore, you don't need to building your houses in China as well just to save a few bucks.
The idea is good but you could make the same thing in the US for just a little more ! - $40,000 Chinese you could do this for $50,000 thats still affordable.

MY RESPONSE I checked all pages of their sites and found no mention of China so i'm not sure. I am very dedicated to buying American  only. My idea on the selling prices is that each model is 30 to 50% to high. IMO Jesse Smith
 

2 comments:

Katie Nichols said...

We design and fabricate MODs (modified containers) for a variety of different homes from Small Space Designs (320/360/450/520/680/720 sq ft) to the Cordell house (featured in Dwell in Oct) and similar 1000-2000 sq ft designs. We are based out of Houston, but have fabrication facilities across the country. We ONLY use shipping containers that are being repurposed (so they have been used for shipping), but most shipping containers are manufactured in China originally. Check out our website for more info: www.numendevelopment.com Not all of our designs are up on the website yet, but you can contact me with additional questions. My home/office is a single 45' container and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

Yay for Container Enthusiasts!!!

Katie Nichols
Founder
Numen Development

Anonymous said...

Hi i'm from south america and i dream of having a home of my own like this.
I wish it was something more common around here, but although it's quite cheap, i guess it's still more a design thing. Anyways my plan is to save money until i can afford this dream, but i have to tell you this blog is really inspiring and makes me wanna move out of the city right now.

thanks!

r.