LOW COST QUOTE

I DO NOT SELL CONTAINERS..
I WILL HELP YOU FIND ONE. I AM A CONTAINER HOME CONSULTANT.
I WILL ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS

SEND ME YOUR PLANS.

Please Leave A Comment

Let me know your interest. Leave a comment. Leave your email address. Follow the blog.

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

EMAIL I RECIEVED FROM IRAQ

Your website Texas Container Homes

 Hey Jess,
Just wanted to say great website. Planning on building a country retreat next year using containers,  it will be a U shape with 2 X 40 footers on each side with 2 x 30 footers forming the bottom of the U, the center area will be the living area, the 40 footers on each side will be co-joined to make 3 bedrooms and a large bathroom and the 30 footers kitchen and dining area, I'm hoping to use the cut out center pieces as a sloping roof welder for Hurricane and Tornado protection (Like you I live in Texas)
An aside I spent approx. 2 tours (12 and 14 months) living out of a 30 footer clinic come bunk in Iraq (FOB Speicher and Baji), pretty rough and ready as per US Mil, no insulation to speak of, so ended up framing the inside with 2x2, installing fiberglass insulation then 1/2 ply for the walls and ceiling  and of course mounting two AC Window units,, we also put two rows of sand bags interlocked around the outside and on the roof for protection from rockets and mortars... LOL... they also work great for insulation, no windows of course.. for doors we just built a frame about 2 foot inside the entrance and finally a 'ships' bathroom, basically the sink and toilet were so close together that everything got a free shower (4'x4') we installed our own septic system for sewage and water came from a military bowser which was refilled once a week. Unfortunately I lost all my pics when my external hard drive died just after my computer died (Avg summer temp over there was 128F with some days climbing to 142F)
Anyway wanted to say hi and commend your site,
Cheers,
Doc
Thanks for your service. Get in touch.
TEXAS CONTAINER HOMES
x

David McGaughey





to me

No comments: